Spirits, or ghosts, are the souls of once-living beings. Spirits usually do not manifest themselves in the living world, unless called upon by magical powers. Both good and evil spirits exist. Once dead, a person's spirit usually resides in the spirit world. The Topaz of the Belt of Deltora has the power to bring the living into contact with the spirit world. The Ruby has the power to ward off evil spirits.
The Forests of Silence Edit
Dragon's Nest Edit
The Sister of the South Edit
Rowan of Rin Edit
Marlie mentioned spirits were abroad, but was quickly dismissed by Bronden, telling her that she was better off not listening to the Travellers' tales. Later, Jonn told Bronden that the spirits of the swamp had played a terrible trick on him, against his will.
Shadows of the Master Edit
Known spirits Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rodda, Emily. The Forests of Silence. Scholastic Australia. 2000.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. The Lake of Tears. Scholastic Australia. 2001.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. Tales of Deltora. Scholastic Australia. 2005.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. Dragon's Nest. Scholastic Australia. 2004.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. The Sister of the South. Scholastic Australia. 2004.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. Rowan of Rin. Scholastic Australia. 1993.